Tis the season for engagements!!
I know so many say to start with the venue. However, I am going to say there is something else that would need to be a few other items that would need to be determined first....something that will help determine your venue.
Here are my first 5 things to plan when planning your wedding
- Set your budget. It's not a super fun part of the planning process but it's an absolute necessity. Start looking around at a few vendors just to get a guesstimate of what the costs might entail.
- How many guests you are planning to have. Some venues, while beautiful, can only accommodate about 70-80 people. If your guest list exceeds this, it might be nice to know this going into the wedding planning process rather than getting hooked on a venue and having the task of narrowing down your guest list.
- Next start making appointments to visit venues.
- Finalize your wedding date
- Once your venue is booked, you should work on booking your other "big" vendors. By big vendors, I mean the ones that can only do one event per day. So your photographer, videographer, DJ etc.